Military Technical Museum at Lesany Opens Season 2007
The opening of the 2007 season at the Military Technical Museum at Lesany u Tynce nad Sazavou was organised as the Day with the 4th Rapid Deployment Brigade.
Saturday 26 May 2007 featured not only parade of historical military vehicles and equipment in motion, but presented also contemporary equipment and skills of units of the 4th Rapid Deployment Brigade of the Armed Forces of the Czech Republic.
The Chief of the General Staff of ACR Lieutenant General Vlastimil Picek visited the opening of the 2007 season at the Museum together with crowds of fans of the military.
The Military Technical Museum at Lešany
The Museum was founded in 1996 and at present it includes not only more than 350 historical tanks, cannons, motorcycles, armoured, transport and passenger military vehicles, whose production and use was started in 1890, but also items of recent military equipment.
The collection is presented in eight halls, under six tents and in the open.
The Museum and exhibition grounds are located on the area of former artillery barracks between Krhanice and Lesany villages close to Tynec nad Sazavou. It is about 30 kilometres south of Prague in the vicinity of Jilove u Prahy.
- June and September over weekends from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- July and August on Wednesdays through Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Posted: May 28, 2007