History: L-610 Transport Aircraft (a prototype not recommended to employ)
The development of this successor of the L-410 TURBOLET started in 1984, while the first flight of version L-610M took off on 30 December 1988. One prototype of this aircraft with two turbo-propeller engines (Walter M-602) of Czech make was operated by the Czechoslovak and Czech Air Force till 1994.
This aircraft had an output of 2 x 1,360 kW. The front part of the aircraft was equipped with twenty seats, and the rest of the inside was furnished as a salon with two coffee tables for a dozen passengers.
The L-610G was an upgraded version, which was supposed to be used by the Czech military. Certification procedure did not recommend to include the aircraft into operational use.
Basic Tactical-technical Data of L-610G Aircraft
- Maximum operation range with maximum cargo: 2,530 km
- Maximum cruise speed in flight level of 6,000 metres: 478 km per hour
- Optimal cruise speed in flight level of 7,200 metres: 466 km per hour
- Landing speed: 175 km per hour
- Maximum climbing (close to surface): 8.5 metres per second
- Maximum take-off weight: 14,500 kg
- Weight of equipped aircraft: 9,220 kg
- Payload: 4,200 kg
- Type of engines: 2 x General Electric CT7-9D
- Wingspan: 25.6 metres
- Length: 21.4 metres
- Height: 8.1 metres
- Take-off distance: 662 metres
- Landing distance: 1,075 metres