Recovery Tank VT-55A
This armoured tracked recovery vehicle on the chassis of T-55A medium tank is predominantly designed to tow crashed or damaged equipment in different terrain conditions, and for the recovery of heavy vehicles where towing force up to 75 MPa is needed.
The built-in crane can lift loads up to 1.5 ton. The recovery tank is used also for transportation of spare parts of weights up to 3 tons to the crashed vehicle. The crew of three is protected against the major effects of mass destruction weapons.
Basic Technical Data
- Weight: 35,000 kg
- Maximum speed: 35 km per hour
- Maximum towing speed: 6 to 18 km per hour
- Operation range: 100 to 270 km
- Maximum angle of climbing: 17° (in towing of middle tank)
- Diesel fuel tanks capacity: 840 litres
- Armament: 1 machine gun type 59, 1 sub-machine gun type 58, 1 portable grenade launcher RPG-7