Decontamination System TZ-74
This system is designed to decontaminate combat equipment in the event of use of weapons of mass destruction. It is a special means used by chemical troops.
The system is mounted on the carriage of a TATRA 148 off-road truck. Besides decontamination and cleaning operations, the system can be used for smoke camouflage or for fire fighting. Cleaning is done by means of pressurized water driven through the nozzle of a jet engine at the rear of the vehicle. Special decontamination solution can be prepared in the tank. Normally, decontamination operations are effected by using two or more of these systems as a unit.
Basic Technical Data
- Weight: 16,500 kg
- Length of the vehicle: 9,500 mm
- Width of the vehicle: 2,880 mm
- Height of the vehicle: 2,950 mm
- Fuel tanks capacity: 2,000 litres
- Fuel consumption of the jet engine: 300 to 930 litres per hour
- Water/solution tank capacity: 5,000 litres
- Water expenditure to clean one vehicle: 150 to 200 litres
Output of a Pair Unit of TZ-74s
- Radioactive decontamination: 40 pieces of vehicles per hour
- Chemical decontamination: 13 pieces of vehicles per hour