Two-engine turbo-propelled tactical transportation aircraft for short and medium distances for transport of personnel and materiel. The Czech military takes over four aircraft from a Spanish manufacturer in 2010.
The maximum transport capacity of C-295M aircraft for the Armed Forces of the Czech Republic is up to 66 personnel or 46 fully equipped airborne troops.
The aircraft can be easily rearranged for medical evacuation transport. C-295M can operate from field air strips, and it is equipped with a system of passive and active protection.
The transport comapartment of 46,9 m3 can accommodate palleted cargo up to 9.25 tons. This load can be moved up to 1.2 thousand kilometres.
Tactical range with a load of 6000 kg is approximately 3.9 thousand kilometres.
Basic Tactical Technical Data of CASA C-295M aircraft
- Length: 24.5 m
- Wing span: 25.81 m
- Height: 8.66 m
- Maximum speed: 576 KPH
- Maximum take-off weight: 23,200 kg
- Typical cruise speed: 480 KPH
- Range without load: 5,630 km
- Ceiling: 9,150 m
- Engine: 2x Pratt & Whitney – PW127G Hamilton Sundstrand 568F-5 of 2x 1 972 kW output
- Crew: 2
- Payload: 9,250 kg
- Transport capacity:
- 66 soldiers or
- 46 airborne troops or
- 46 passengers in "economy" version or
- 24 stretchers for injured in MEDEVAC version, or
- 1 Patient Transport Unit in MEDEVAC version and 12 stretchers
Pictures: Jan Kouba, PIC MoD