History: Tank T-72
The medium T-72 tank is a battle tracked vehicle with high cross-country manoeuverability. It is designed to destroy tanks and other armoured targets or enemy troops. It is equipped with a 125 mm cannon with a smooth barrel having the range of fire of 4,500 meters. With the use of a 12.7mm anti-aircraft machine gun, it is possible to attack low-flying targets. A 7.62 mm machine gun is coaxial with the cannon. Systems capable of protecting the crew against the effects of mass destruction weapons are incorporated within the tank.
The T-72 tank was ugraded into T-72M4 CZ version in the Czech Republic in 2005.
Basic Technical Data
- Combat weight: 41,000 kg
- Crew: 3
- Length with cannon to the front: 9,530 mm
- Height with turret: 2,190 mm
- Width: 3,460 mm
- Maximum road speed: 60 km per hour
- Maximum off-road speed: 35 to 45 km per hour
- Fuel tanks capacity: 1,590 litres
- Road operation range: 420 to 600 km