Invitation to CIHELNA 2012 - The Day of Support Forces
The Day of Support Forces is held in and around a WW2 fortification system in the north-east part of the Czech Republic at the town of Kraliky on Saturday 18 August 2012.
The full scale military presentation organised by the Headquarters of Support Forces will be opened by a low overflight of JAS-39 Gripen supersonic aircraft followed by volley fires from T-72 tanks and ShKH howitzers.
Soldiers of the Support Forces will present equipment and capabilities of logistic and medical services they currenty provide for combat units of the Joint Forces both in domestic bases and foreign deployments.
The CIHELNA event includes also a lot of demonstrations related to mobilisation in 1938 and battles of World War II which are prepared by Czech clubs of military history.
The event is co-organised by the Military Museum at Kraliky, Police of the Czech Republic, Military Police, Prison Service of the Czech Republic, Customs Administration of the Czech Republic, Fire Rescue Service of the Czech Republic, Czech military clubs, and others.
The CIHELNA military presentation has been held since 1999 and it has grown into a large event which is attended by thousands of military supporters each year. Only in 2002 the CIHELNA was abolished because of catastrophic floods in the Czech Republic. Soldiers were fully engaged in saving lives of people and their property.
- Friday 17 August 2012 - entrance fee 80,- Czech Crowns, CZK (€ 3,-)
- 08.00 - 13.00 hours - Historical vehicles parade
- 14.00 - 18.00 hours - Rehersal of Saturday's programme
- Saturday 18 August 2012 - entrance fees: adults 120,- CZK (€ 5,-), seniors 80,- CZK (€ 3,-), family 300,- CZK (€ 12,-)
- 08.00 - 18.00 hours - Dynamic demonstrations/displays of current and historical military equipment and presentations of Czech services and administrations, historical events, static exhibitions
Visit also related links:
- Infantry Block K-S 14 U Cihelny GPS: 50°5'44.959"N, 16°45'18.750"E
- Military Museum at Kraliky GPS: 50°5'42.322"N, 16°45'21.875"E
- Fortification "Bouda"
- Fortifications in Czechoslovakia
Posted: August 13, 2012
Pictures from previous CIHELNA military shows: