Czech military to co-organise CIOR Congress
President of the Interallied Confederation of Reserve Officers Captain Jon Erling Tenvik meets with Czech Defence Minister Alexandr Vondra and First Deputy Chief of the General Staff General Miroslav Zizka to discuss further cooperation.
President of the Confédération interalliée des officiers de réserve (CIOR) Norwegian Navy Captain Jon Erling Tenvik accompanied by the CIOR Permanent Representative to NATO Belgian Navy Captain Jacques DeDecker informed Czech officials about successful work of Czech Active Reserve Association representatives at CIOR.
“It were our first talks and just at the opening we heard words of praise for Czech reservists working at the CIOR. The major reason for the meeting was a CIOR request to help this organisation with holding its Congress in this country in 2013. We are at the very beginning only, and it is really early to say where the Congress will be held,“ Major General Miroslav Zizka said at the end of talks.
The CIOR Congress 2013 agenda will include not only discussion over current issues of military reservists but also new directions and ways in cooperation with NATO.
“The CIOR President came to the Czech Republic to meet with the Minister of Defence and inform him how we perform in CIOR and agree on joint ways of training and education of reservists within the framework of ongoing changes in the Czech Republic,“ Major Arnost Libezny, Czech representative to CIOR, said.
- CIOR represents over 1.3 million reserve officers from 36 countries;
- Organisation was founded by reservists of Belgium, France and the Netherlands in 1948;
- It has become part of the North Atlantic Alliance;
- Czech Republic has been a CIOR member since 1999. The Association of Reserve Brigades represents the Czech Republic in CIOR as of 2008;
- CIOR role is a possible reserve force within NATO structures and development of professional skills of reservists;
- Reservists are used for a support service not only in their home countries but they are also deployed abroad;
- A number of countries use reservists just to serve on foreign operations, others place them to home service when professionals are sent abroad;
- Czech National Representative to CIOR is Major Arnost Libezny.
Posted: November 27, 2011