CAPABLE LOGISTICIAN 2013 multinational logistic exercise starts this week
The Multinational Logistics Coordination Centre, Prague, as a multinational authority for logistic issues common to all NATO member countries, Partnership for Peace Programme nations, and others, organises this June with support of the Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic exercise Capable Logistician 2013 in the Slovak Republic.
The major objective of the exercise CL13 is to identify to turn into practice effective ways of logistic support to multinational military operations by training both commanders and personnel in the so called Functional Areas. The goals, set by MLCC, Prague, are to improve interoperability, upgrade coordination among national logistic services, increase standardisation and reduce redundandcy of assets deployed.
Besides others, the Functional Areas of the exercise include:
- Maintenance and Recovery
- Movement and Transportation
- Material Handling
- Helicopter Operations
- LOGFAS (LOGREP, ADAMS, CORSOM, EVE)
- RSOM (Reception Staging Onward Movement)
- Asset Tracking
- OLCM (Operations Logistic Chain Management)
- Electric Power Production
- JLSG (Joint Logistics Support Group)
- Movement Control (MovCon)
- Infrastructure Engineering for Logistics (IEL)
- Smart Energy
- Logistics Services
The Slovak Republic is a host nation of the exercise which will be held from 8 to 26 June 2013 in the Slovak Military Training Area at Lest, and the Air Base at Sliac.
Logistic experts, national and NATO commanders and guests from 35 countries and 14 organisations will participate in the exercise. Up to 1,750 soldiers and logisticians with 600 pieces of equipment will show their skills and knowledge on how to support combat units in multinational operations.
There are a lot of opportunities for journalists and guests prepared to take place in the course of the exercise.
The form for ACCREDITATION to visit the events of the Capable Logistician 2013 exercise is published at the website of the Ministry of Defence of the Slovak Republic at:
- Accreditation form for the Capable Logistician 2013 held 8 - 26 June 2013 (English version) (www.mosr.sk...)
- Accreditation form for the Capable Logistician 2013 held 8 - 26 June 2013 (Slovak version) (www.mosr.sk...)
Contact person in the Czech Republic:
Major Jan Sulc
Public Information Office of the General Staff of ACR, Prague, Czech Republic
Phone: +420 973 216 044
Cellular: +420 724 033 396
For more details to the CL13 exercise visit:
- MLCC Fact Sheet and Capable Logistician Fact Sheet - (http://www.mlcc.cz/)
Posted: June 3, 2013