The Czech Republic currently contributes to four European Union military missions: EUNAVFOR SOMALIA (Atalanta Operation) in Somalia, EUNAVFOR MED in the Mediterranean, ALTHEA in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and EU Training Mission in Mali.
The Czech Republic became a member of the European Union on 1 May 2004. It participates in approximately two hundred working groups and committees of the Council of the European Union. On the European level, it is represented in all major institutions. The government of the Czech Republic coordinates through its ministries, offices and central national institutions all activities of this country within the European Union.
The European Union was established in 1993, and at present it includes 28 member countries.
The Czech Commissioner in the EU, responsible for justice, protection of customers and gender policy is Vera Jourova as of 1st November 2014.
Major links to EU and issues of Czech membership:
- Information Website in the Czech Republic (https://www.euroskop.cz...)
- Martin Povejsil - Czech Ambassador to EU (www.mzv.cz/representation_brussels...)
- European Security and Defence Policy (http://consilium.europa.eu...)
- Czech Presidency of the European Union
- Planning of European Union military operations
- European Union in the World (http://ec.europa.eu/world/where/...)
May 10, 2018